PPRS Prison Match™ Federal Sentencing, PSR and Placement Preparation – Helps
PPRS Prison Match™- Federal Sentencing, PSR and Placement Preparation
- May save the legal team time, effort and expense while providing the best prison placement options.
- May save the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) the cost of a subsequent medical or non-medical transfer later, no matter how rare.
- Could save the defendant (and their family) the legal expense of a court-ordered transfer (no matter how rare), which usually does not solve the issue in a timely manner.
- Ultimately, it is much simpler, quicker and less expensive (for the BOP, defense team and the defendant’s family), to place a defendant accurately the first time.
- Note: the BOP has the final say on any and all inmate issues.
PPRS Prison Match™ incorporates these federal sentencing and placement data points:
- Medical and Mental Healthcare Needs through the BOP CARE LEVELS I-IV Structure
- Medication availability falls into 3 tiers:
- On the BOP Formulary (currently there are a little under 3000 available medications, which I have embedded within the software).
- Non-Formulary; these require a lengthy preauthorization process.
- Last: these are just not available. While similar medications are substituted, how is their efficacy verified?
- Prison Security Level
- If applicable and available, I am also able to provide a match where there is an interest in learning a specific occupation or trade all in an attempt to reduce the recidivism paradigm.
- based on USSC and BOP Guidelines
- an online intake document similar to your own physician’s history which anyone can fill out while easing your judge’s concerns regarding accepting, followed by making a specific placement request to the BOP.
- the only online resource for this content, in this format.
Is your client a veteran?
If possible connect your client with a facility that caters to veterans. FCI Morgantown began a Veterans-to-Veterans Service Dog Training Program in 2016.
The participants are federally imprisoned military veterans who are housed in a special wing, and who will be training service dogs for veterans who have mobility impairments and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD).
Military prisons with service dog training programs.
- NAVCONBRIG Miramar ((aka Joint Regional Correctional Facility Southwest) )
- NW Joint Regional Correctional Facility Ft Lewis Washington
- Military Prison at Fort Leavenworth
Once their training is complete, these dogs are placed with veterans in the community who have:
- mobility impairments or
- PTSD, or
- contribute to other military service missions.
- These programs are run by K9 companions for independence.
Catholic University Law Review – Support for inmate rehabilitation through Dog Training Programs
Photo Credit: https://www.instagram.com/ngu.donaldtong/?ref=pexels