PPRS Prison Match™ is a 60-minute history (like your own physicians), once completed in your office immediately provides best prison matches based on:
- Medical and Mental Healthcare needs through the BOP CARE LEVELS I-IV Structure
- BOP Psychology Treatment Programs
- Medication availability (~ 3000 different drugs), falls into 3 tiers;
1. On Formulary – Available
2. Non-Formulary – requiring a lengthy Preauthorization Process (best to address these medications before, or at the sentencing hearing, with ‘statements’ from their current treating physicians). Bring a month supply: at best they let you use them, at worst they’re thrown out.
3. Lastly, just not available. How then would you determine what similar (equivalent) substitution would be appropriate?
- Established Data Points for federal sentence length and BOP Placement is based on:
- Additionally, I include:
- content where there is a specific interest in learning an occupation or trade or
- getting a job in UNICOR (if available, listed on the last page on the UNICOR link).
- The Washington DC Corrections and Information Council (CIC) independently evaluates BOP Facilities that,
- house DC residents and therefore contains a broader range of prison-specific information
- this additional content benefits all defendants, both DC and Non-DC residents alike, as they face their sentencing hearing,
- While efforts are made to place a defendant close to home (within 500 driving miles of their legal residence), this as I understand is aspirational on the part of the BOP.
Military: Is your client a Veteran?
- If possible, connect your client with a facility that caters to veterans. FCI Morgantown started a Veterans to Veterans Service Dog Training Program in 2016.
- The Participants that are federally imprisoned military veterans are housed in a special wing, which is responsible for training service guide dogs, for veterans who have mobility impairments and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD).
Military prisons with service dog training programs
- NAVCONBRIG Miramar (aka Joint Regional Correctional Facility Southwest)
- NW Joint Regional Correctional Facility Ft. Lewis Washington
- Military Prison at Fort Leavenworth
Once their training is complete, these dogs are placed with veterans in the community who have:
- mobility impairments
- contribute to other military service missions.
- These programs are run by K9 Companions For Independence.
Catholic University Law Review; “Dog Training Programs support inmate rehabilitation”.
PPRS Prison Match™ Summary:
- Should ease your judge’s concerns regarding accepting the placement recommendation.
- Makes a specific placement request to the BOP more of a reality.
- PPRS Prison Match™ is available for you to try with a current client until you are completely satisfied.
- When printed, this court-ready report (optimally within 60 minutes), provides placement matches for your client that contain relevant USSC and BOP related supporting documentation.
- Finally, PPRS Prison Match™ is the only online resource for this content – in this format
- May save:
- The legal team’s time, effort, and expense while providing for best placement options.
- The Federal BOP the cost of a subsequent medical or non-medical transfer later, no matter how rare.
- The defendant (and their families) the legal expenses of a court-ordered transfer, which usually does not resolve promptly.
- Ultimately, it is much simpler, quicker, and less expensive for all parties to place a defendant accurately the first time.
- May save:
- Note; the BOP has the final say on all inmate issues.
Photo Credit: https://www.instagram.com/ngu.donaldtong/?ref=pexels